Sunday, February 19, 2012

BJJ

Friday night I went and tried my first Brazilian JuJitsu Class and loved it.
I am pretty sure that this is the style I want to grade in now.
The club I trained at was really good and the instructor was excellent and they have said to come back another 2 times for free to be sure this is for me.
I only have one reservation about this and that is that the instructor is someone hired by the centre and this is notoriously a bad idea as the instructor can move on in the blink of an eye.
Because I plan to train long term and grade in this new style I am more interested in finding an instructor with their own club because it is a more solid set up.
There is a school closer to home that I will also check out for this reason.
Anyway about the class itself...
The class was a 2hr class and in no way as challenging physically as TKD (well yet anyway) because of its technical nature.
I had to stop myself from being impatient and wanting things to move along at a faster pace.
The instructor said I was very easy to teach and picked things up quickly.
I expected that and was glad this was the case.
I have to say that with some of the holds etc I was asking myself "surely there is a more efficient way to get from A to B" and know that I would do it differently - again the temptation to disregard some of the techniques was strong but I am keeping an open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment