Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On a roll...

So far the week has gone to plan so that's something!
Busy with work right now but having to be super organised means I am getting a lot done both training and work wise so things are good.

Last night I got some more training in after my excellent start to the week.
An hour of training with my students plus a bit more when Cam & I took the ladies self defence class.
Cam decided it was a good idea to do some boxing.
Good in theory but we have this long running thing where whenever Cam and I spar we box (Cams specialty - well one of them!) so I don't get to kick!
So as per normal he got me a ripper in the nose so I fired up and got a few in but it is all in good fun :)
Some of those ladies in class are so funny, they are so full on and when you see women with all guts and heart and not a lot of skill it usually always ends in tears when you have to let them know via the gloves they need to ease up. Didn't happen last night thank-fully.
Bunch of tough nuts and lots of fun.

I just got off the windtrainer.

20 minutes and I have to say 20 minutes too long on that thing - I don't know how the hell I was doing 2hr stints on it.

Am easing into the bike with my knee not being a happy camper after RPM - no twinges tonight at all so that is a good sign.

I'll hit Casey Fields on Friday and I'll enjoy that much more wind and all.

Today I did a 4wk check on my latest PT client and she is going great guns.
Her heart rate after the 3 minute step test was 128bpm 4 weeks ago and today it was around 90bpm!! Awesome fitness gains plus she has lost around 4kg in 4 weeks and a heap of cm's so I'm happy.
She hadn't been doing any weights at all so we can also count on a kg or two of muscle mass so to still lose 4kg is excellent.
I promised her 12kg in 12 weeks and we are on track plus her fitness is improving even faster than I anticipated so we are both pretty happy.
The other thing I love to hear is that she is struggling to eat everything I have asked her to eat so she isn't starving and she has had some social stuff to go to as well.

This is always really rewarding for me, so many women still think they need to starve or not eat carbs to lose weight and it just ain't true and every time my clients succeed using my methods it always seems like another win :)

Tomorrow is a run and weights and I'm going to try to squeeze some solo TKD training in as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment